Sunday, July 10, 2011

Weekend Adventures

How was everyone’s weekend? Mine was adventurous, active and relaxing, filled with sunshine.  What else can I ask for?

While I was waiting at Bootcamp for my instructor, one of many feral cats decided to jump on the hood of my car.  It was very interested in what I was doing inside and even started playing with me through the window.   Kind of looks like my Misty, just a little more scruffy looking.

IMG00157-20110708-0917

IMG00159-20110708-0921

Here Kitty Kitty…..and yes, I do need to have my windshield replaced.

Buster and I met up with a friend for coffee that I haven’t seen in such a long time.  Another friend and her family showed up with their dog Magie and Buster just thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.  I’m glad I had my phone with me to take these shots.

IMG00154-20110707-2012

IMG00155-20110707-2013

Saturday was a day of adventure.  I went for a hike to Upper and Lower Myra Falls, which lies in Strathcona Provincial Park.  Did you know that this provincial park is 100 years old?  It’s British Columbia’s oldest park and is worth a visit.  The scenery is breathtakingly stunning. 

Upper Myra Falls

IMG00160-20110709-1442

IMG00162-20110709-1443

The hike to the falls was not too bad..about 45 minutes each way and moderate.  We had to climb over a few fallen trees, but not bad considering I am still taking it easy on my weak ankle. 

Lower Myra Falls

On our way out, we decided to stop at Lower Myra Falls.  Worth the stop, don’t you think?

Myra falls

myra falls 2

Next stop… a little bit of fishing heaven….Buttle Lake

fishing 
“Why not try to catch our dinner?” I said earlier in the day.  And this is what happened…

DSCN0200

IMG00163-20110709-2031

I actually caught 2 Cutthroat Trout, but one got away from me right on the shore.  I guess he didn’t want to be dinner like his buddy.  I will get you again….muawhahah….

We didn’t get back home until 8pm and I was bagged, but I had an invite for another beach fire, so I made an appearance for a little while.  The fire definitely wiped me out more and I was in bed by 10:30pm. 

Buster enjoyed the fire too….he’s so silly.

Unnamed

Well I’m off for the night…going to watch a movie tonight..anybody seen “Horrible Bosses”?  I will review it soon. 

And stay tuned for my yummy trout dinner. 

Enjoy your evening…back soon.

Bea

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment