Monday, July 11, 2011

Trout and a movie

I promised you my trout recipe, and promises I keep.  I decided to relive my childhood and cook the trout the way my dad used to make it for me when I was younger and we caught trout while camping.  I think it’s been about 7 years since I caught myself a trout that size, so it was going to be another cooking adventure.

But first, my lunch… I still have a bunch of smoked salmon in the fridge and will for another couple of days, so I thought I’d make myself a very simple lunch.

A couple of Rye Wasa crackers, baby carrots, a blob of herbed goat’s cheese and lots of salmon.

DSCN0194

A bowl of cantaloupe…probably one of my favourite fruits if it’s ripe.

DSCN0195

A small bowl of the Liberté Non-fat plain Greek yogurt with a teaspoon of pure maple syrup

DSCN0196

And a cup of coffee sweetened with a tad of Agave Syrup and a splash of non-fat milk…in one of my favourite mugs too.  One of my students gave me this for Christmas last year.

DSCN0197


As for the trout…. I stuffed it with some herbed butter, onions, garlic and salt and pepper.  Then I packed him up in the tin foil and placed it on the BBQ over Indirect Heat.  My BBQ has 4 burners, and so I turned two of the burners on medium low heat.  I’d say it took about 20 minutes before the meat was falling off the bones and I could peal away the skin.

DSCN0199

DSCN0198

DSCN0202

For some reason, this reminds me of a cartoon cat that feasted on a fish.  I just pulled the backbone right off the trout and it came off this clean… a great sign that it was done.

DSCN0206

While the trout was cooking away, I prepared a quick stir-fry of onions, garlic, red pepper and baby carrots.  Shortly before serving, I added a sprinkle of Cane sugar to caramelize it slightly.  I also made some mashed baby potatoes. 

DSCN0203

And voila..my dinner.  I wasn’t able to finish it all, so it was perfect for my lunch the next day.

DSCN0209

DSCN0208


Horrible Bosses

We went to go see Horrible Bosses last night.  And I have to say it was pretty good.  It’s basically about 3 friends who have horrible bosses and they conspire to kill them so that their lives are much better.  And yes, their bosses truly are horrible.  The actors were funny:  Jennifer Aniston, Kevin Spacey, Jason Bateman, Donald Sutherland, to name a few.   We laughed for almost the entire movie.   The movie is about 100minutes long.  A good length for a movie. 

 

That’s it for me. I’m off to buy my groceries for the week and pick up cat and dog food.  Back again soon I hope.

Bea

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment