Saturday, July 9, 2011

Spinach Salad ‘à la smoked salmon’

Thanks to my recent new adventures in hot smoking salmon, I am trying to get inspired with new recipes.  Of course, I really enjoy smoked salmon on it’s own as a snack, or crumbled on a rye cracker with a light cream cheese.

I created this salad for lunch the other day and used some of the fresh smoked salmon that came right off the smoker….hmmmmm… as I type this, everything around me smells of smoked hickory goodness.  This salad is great because not only will you be getting loads of iron, but it’s also a great source of lean protein, healthy fats and veggies.

DSCN0190

Aren’t those some pretty colors?

In my salad went……..

  • 2 cups of baby organic spinach
  • 1/2 apple
  • 6 baby carrots
  • 1 celeri stick
  • 1/2 cup corn
  • as much or as little smoked salmon
  • fresh dill
  • dressing:  1 Tbsp Balsamic Vineger + 2 tsp maple syrup

Drizzle the dressing over the salad and chow down!

DSCN0191

I was planning on eating outside when I took this picture.  As you can see, the sun is shining, but the wind is also blowing.  Living by the water makes things a little chilly at times. 

Hope everyone’s day is going well.

What is your favourite way of eating smoked salmon?  Anybody have any inspiration to send my way?

I am going to be freezing a lot of the salmon, but I also want to eat some of it fresh while I can. 

Back soon.  Take care.

Bea

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment