Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Egg Frittata

Whenever I have the urge to make eggs, it’s the basic eggs with toast, especially for breakfast.  My favourite is either easy-over or soft boiled eggs.  But sometimes I get the urge to make something more. 

I had already eaten breakfast before bootcamp this morning, but when I got back home, I was definitely hungry for more. By the time I had showered and refreshed myself, it was time for lunch anyway.

I had some leftover sautéed onions and red peppers in the fridge, along with some fresh spinach that was starting to go limp.  I had some cooked chicken thighs in the fridge as well.  DSCN0210

I threw everything into the frying pan along with 1 Tbsp. of pesto sauce, then added a couple raw eggs and stirred it all together.  Right before serving, I added a small amount of grated dill Havarti cheese.

DSCN0211

DSCN0212

Another great lunch idea….it’s quick, simple and has lean protein and healthy fats. 

BON APPETIT !

No comments:

Post a Comment