Friday, February 4, 2011

Breakfast for dinner.. why not?

It’s going to be a busy weekend on this side of the Pacific.  But let’s start with last night:

I went to bed early last night because I was dead tired, only to be woken up around 1am to a loud BOOM and a flash of light.

thunder

OK, well it didn’t look quite like this, but things really do go Bump in the Night.

It was pouring out and the sound on my skylight outside my master bedroom was so loud and a good indicator of how hard it was raining.  The storm went on for a couple of hours.  Buster was not impressed.  He cowered under my covers… he hates storms.  I don’t blame him.  The thunder was so powerful it made my windows shake.  Anytime we get storms, the dog panics…he hides under my covers and it’s almost impossible to get him to stop shaking, drooling and panting.  Poor guy.  So needless to say, I was pretty tired when the alarm went off this morning.  I had planned on getting up early to go for a morning run, but I needed that extra sleep.  Sometimes things just don’t go the way you plan.

On to other things…

It’s Superbowl Weekend

superbowl

I’m not going to pretend to know anything about Football or that I’m a fan, but I do like to watch the half-time shows.  So we’re either going to have friends over or we’ll go to the pub.  To be determined later. 

Saturday night Trevor and I are hosting a dinner party/games night with another couple. The kids are with their mom this weekend, so it’s a perfect weekend for some good quality adult fun.  We wanted to have the dinner at my place, but our friends have an 8 year old daughter and are unable to get a sitter, and so we decided to have it over there so that Ashlee can go to bed and then it’s just adult time. 

So I’m going to hit the grocery store tonight before hockey and tomorrow I’ll be spending my day making yummy eats..our theme is Italian.  Will be making my world famous Lasagne from scratch (noodles and all) and some Tiramisu for dessert.  Come back Sunday night for a possible pics. 

And tonight I have another hockey game.  Hoping to score another goal or two.   


Breakfast for dinner…I think so Smile

DSCN4027

I still had an egg in the fridge and thawed out some wheat-free bread I bought at my favourite bakery down island in the summer.  So I decided to make some French Toast….Cinnamon French Toast that is…

To make:

Take 1 egg and beat in a bowl.  Add a pinch of sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and a splash of vanilla extract. Also add some milk.

DSCN4026

Soak your bread in the egg/milk mixture and cook in frying pan over medium heat until brown.  Then flip and brown on other side.  Drizzle with pure maple syrup and maybe some yogurt?

DSCN4028


Well have a great Friday night and a safe weekend..will try to be back Sunday night and for sure Monday.

Anybody have big Superbowl plans this weekend? Any other plans?

With love,

Bea

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Breakfast for dinner is always always always a good idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ideas on the superbowl? Hmm, beer, commercials, and gazing at the game in a lazy sunday stupor :)
    Cheers!
    Meri
    merigoesround.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breakfast for dinner happens at least once a week at my place. After this post I think next time will be french toast...yum!

    Superbowl...Watching the Steelers kick some butt! Accompanied by wings and beer of course :>)

    ReplyDelete