Monday, January 10, 2011

Just another manic Monday

Monday’s are always tough for me.  I’m not really a morning person, so when that alarm clock goes off, I tend to hit the snooze button once or twice.  Once I did get out of bed, the day seemed to run pretty smoothly.  I was excited to try a new ingredient in my morning smoothie.  My local Health Food Store was able to get it in on a special order.  You can find Navitas Naturals products on their website by clicking on this link:  Navitas Naturals.  They’ve even got recipes. 

DSCN3702

DSCN3700

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I added 1 Tbsp to my mix.  It actually doesn’t look any different than my other GREEN MONSTER and it actually doesn’t taste that much different either.  Just a slight cocoa taste.  Very satisfying first thing in the morning.  It makes enough to fill up a smoothie container and drink on the way to work. 

After work I had to run from meeting to meeting and was happy to get home in the afternoon.  Then it was time to figure out dinner.  I had left over pork tenderloin from last night’s Pad Thai, so it was time to get creative.  After dinner was a 4km run on the treadmill.  I began training today for my race in May.  (stay tuned for more info).


PORK TENDERLOIN WITH GOAT CHEESE

(Gluten-free)

DSCN3721

The Ingredients

DSCN3705

  • 1 cup Penne (Gluten-free Rice Pasta)
  • Pork Tenderloin
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 cup of baby spinach
  • 1 cup of mixed frozen veggies (corn, carrots, peas – not in picture)
  • 1/2 cup of dry white wine
  • 4 oz goat cheese
  • bunch of cilantro, chopped
  • 6 fresh chives, chopped
  • 1/2 cup or 3/4 cup walnuts
  • salt and pepper to taste

Steps

DSCN3708DSCN3714

Prepare your ingredients.  You will want to slice your pork tenderloin into thicker slices.  Boil your pasta while frying your meat so that it is ready to be added when needed.

DSCN3712

Heat olive oil on medium-high heat in frying pan.  Pan fry your medallions in batches until golden brown.  The meat can be pink in center.  You will want to make sure that you do not overcrowd your pan as it will take you longer.  Set aside until ready to be added later. 

DSCN3717

In same pan, add a little bit more oil and sauté your onions, garlic, pepper and frozen vegetable mix.  Sauté for 4 – 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

DSCN3718

Now add your spinach, cilantro and chives.  Add the white wine and mix. 

DSCN3719

Add the goat cheese and walnuts and stir until cheese is dissolved and sauce becomes creamy. 

DSCN3720

Now stir in your cooked pasta.  Also add your medallions and heat thoroughly.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  And your meal is now ready to eat. 

DSCN3724

 

BON APPETIT   !!!

 

Have an awesome night. 

xoxo

Bea

4 comments:

  1. I have *so* wanted to try that Twister Power!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good!! :) I wish I could have all these things! hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jessica...You could try making it with a soft silken tofu. I'm sure it would taste great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bea - you got an award on my blog today come visit! http://www.dairyfreebetty.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete